What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Slow Progress

I'm sorry that I'm a bit slow posting the new photographs. The reason for this is that  I'm having to go through them and sort them out, some have been corrupted and they aren't in any recognisable order, the Senior Telemaster photos for example, are all jumbled in with the Lanzo Bomber, the Lazy Bee and some personal photos that don't belong on this Blog at all. For some reason there are some photos that have apparently been resized or reduced in resolution - it means the whole damn thing has degenerated into a slow and agonising process of recover. Of the 319 photographs I've only managed to sort out and prepare 73 so far - be patient with me - I'll get there in the end.

I'll keep working on it on a daily basis till I have it sorted - luckily I'm retired so I have the time - and the temptation to say - "to hell with it - I'm going flying" - is cancelled out by 75Kph winds and rain that  are the current weather pattern. Winter is over - spring is here???? Yeah, right !!!

I'm also experimenting with changing the look of this Blog to make it easier to read, so that accounts for the colour change and, it may be, you even clicked on to the Blog while some of my less successful attempts were confusing everyone - including me. So - at this stage - I've applied the KISS principle - Keep it Simple Stupid!! - and reverted to more or less the original layout with a plain grey theme. One of the things I also intend to do is move a few of the pages listed on the right hand side around. There are several finished and currently flying models listed - each on their own page - so I'm going to shift them to a "Finished and Flying models" page - that will make room for all the other projects I have on the go! Google tells me I'm currently using all 20 allowable pages so I'll have to decide what to cut out. Once again - be patient with me - I'll get there in the end.