What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Sunday, November 25, 2012

I haven't run away - really -- but the sun is shining and

Sorry I've neglected this blog for a couple of weeks but as noted last time I've been doing other things. The Club's website is now up and running in it's final format but there are still a couple of tweaks to go. But - just to keep me busy - I turned 70 years of age on the 23rd of November - I don't really feel that old except when I'm getting up in the morning and when the Doctor sort of shakes his head in the way that Doctors do when they can't believe you've given your body such a hard time - AND - hooray - the weather has finally discovered we are halfway through spring.

So what all this means is that I got out to the flying field during the week and at the weekend - and - well, yes - the building board did get sort of overlooked for a few days. I shall yell at myself in the mirror (shudder) and get back to building this week - photos of progress next week - I promise - sort of - the sun is shining and the .......