What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's Arrived !

My new/old Kalt Space Baron Heli' has arrived. I don't think there would be to many Space Barons around that are new and never been flown so I count myself pretty fortunate to have found this one. What's more it has an unused OS 32H engine in it and all the bits are there. The post man knocked on my door at 0830 this morning with a big box and a grin on his face - he's used of delivering  boxes of all shapes and sizes to me and I'm working on him - he shows some interest - and if I keep at it we'll have another convert to the hobby - I hope.

I've included a couple of photos of the new arrival and I'll include step by step build photos as I put it together. The photos and a description of the build, problems if any, and the set up and maiden flight will all be there as I progress.



New arrival with the existing Space Baron in the Background


All the components to assemble


I'm fortunate in that I managed to locate and download a complete manual off the Internet.

14th February UPDATE.

I've started a build thread page for this Heli as The NEW Kalt Space Baron to differentiate it from the second Kalt - the one I bought from the Tip and still intend to restore.

Some readers might also note that I have removed a couple of pages - I had to sort things out and rationalise my builds a bit so I've given some projects to other club members. I have no doubt they will see the light of day sooner than if they sit in the back of my hangar till Dooms Day !