What's It all About ???

This page is all about the building and flying of radio controlled model aircraft. It's a highly diversified hobby that takes in as many skills as you like to use. Everything from electronics to carpentry, to painting, to drawing and designing with a little bit of metal work thrown in. Some builders even go into doing their own machining, pattern designing, fibre glassing, moulding and engine design. You can use electric motors, 2 stroke or 4 stroke internal combustion engines or even minature turbine (jet) engines for power. My own models use 2 and 4 stroke internal combustion engines and range in size from about a metre in wingspan to well over 3 metres from tip to tip!


Monday, May 6, 2013

That Bloody P38

I've added some photos of this miserable bloody kit and some of the errors I've found - mostly very basic errors of design and construction. But as you will see  if you check out the P38 page I've decided to completely rebuild and upgrade the kit, it's either that or throw the whole kit in the rubbish bin and write off the investment.

I've also done some more work on the Lancaster, photos later this week . I've started to fly the Shuttle heli - I haven't crashed it yet - and almost finished the Bird of Time - currently it's in the paint shop and I'll post the finished photos soon.